CBR1100XX.org Forum

WFPB pizza option

SwampNut

Moriah loves this stuff.  She has some gastrointestinal issues if she has too much cheese/dairy, so she's cut back for that reason.  I found these a month ago and she has them on the permanent shopping list.  She says the crust is crispier than a "real" crust with a better texture, and it doesn't stay soggy in the middle like many do.  It's not perfectly whole food, but very close.  I haven't tried it, as I hate artichokes and olives.  I had a crust edge and agree it was very good.

C4453FC1-1DBC-4AE7-98B0-1FE024C20983_1_105_c.jpeg

I've had those cauliflower veggie pizzas. Not bad. 

BTW, pizza taste better, is crisper from gas grill vs. kitchen oven.  Setting temperature right could be tricky. Around 400ish on the gauge.

Also, you can always gave your pizza performance tune by throwing partially pre-cooked veggies from, let's say, steamer. So, get veggies pre cooked, toss them on the top of pizza, and cook the pizza. That, plus Canadian bacon sliced really thin. 

Edited by tomek

Couple things to note...  Cauliflower doesn't necessarily mean whole food, and not even non-wheat.  Lots of cauliflower crusts are just a normal crust with added cauliflower.  Most are then covered in your standard pizza junk food.  So be aware of what you're looking for nutritionally and read carefully, lots of food is just stealing concepts and not really applying them.  Marketing.

On 9/30/2021 at 9:51 PM, TOXXIC said:

My wife cooks a ton of cauliflower crust pizzas, we get them at Costco, and she spruces them up. I was skeptical at first, but have become a believer.

I buy those as well, they are not bad.

• Upvote 1

You know there was a photo in the first post...?

They are new-ish, so they just seem to be spreading.  I saw them at Sprout's so far.  You can order on Amazon, but they are STUPID expensive because I assume they ship in a cooler box with dry ice.

https://clocloveganfoods.com/mediterranean-pizza/