CBR1100XX.org Forum

*SOLD* 2002 CBR1100 XX SilverBird For Sale New Price $6,000

For sale is my 2002 Bird and I thought I would list it here before going to cycle trader. I've had this bike since 2003 and am the second owner. Bought it from a guy that put 1,200 miles on it and was selling it because, he was honest, he was scared of it. As was I once I rode it but I finally realized she was for me.

I am selling it because my 67 year old knees just can't handle it any more and as I am now retired need something else to explore the US on. It has 64.5K easy miles on the clock and the engine and trans run like new and well maintained. I planned never to sell it so over the past 3 years I rebuilt everything with either OEM or upgraded after market parts. Some nonperishable parts go back further. Now when I say everything I mean what I say. I used to be an auto mech years ago so decided to do the number on this ole girl. Put several thousand dollars in parts on it and I have no idea how many hours. Only thing I think I missed was the clutch plunger seal, slave end. I am still putting the list together but the larger things are:

Engine, plugs, air filter, new oil (every 2,500), new wheel bearings, new swing arm and bearings (old one had cosmetic damage), brake system 100% new including gaffer lines, HyperPro suspension 100% new - rebuilt original forks with new springs, oil and bushings, new gas rear shock - note here that between the new swing arm (old bad wore out) and this new suspension it rides better than new, full race Micron exhaust (got the last one), Helibar risers, Buell foot pegs (lower 1"), Corbin seat recently recovered by Corbin, Second Look marine grade leather tank cover (CBR XX) - tank has not a scratch on it, new clutch and brake levers, took everything off except engine and electrics and painted the exposed frame metallic black, tires are Michelin P4s with about 500 miles on them, wheels silver powder coated, hi tensile DID chain and sprockets - my 6th set and has about 500 on them, I've had 3 after market wind screens but put OEM back on it. I'm sure I am missing some things but if interested let me know and I can load you up with pictures and talk more about the subject.

Gonna ask $6,000 but this bike is in righteous shape and ready to go many miles or make a great collector piece. I think soon the value will start to increase. Parts are getting expensive if you can find them. Also, the paint is not perfect, there are a few light scratches and scuffs on it that somebody that knows how could probably fix. Still looks very good though. 

Nostalgic being on this site again as I used to be here a lot and it saved me much money, pain and time. So thanks to all.

Questions, fire away!

Gary Maddox

Smyrna, TN

P9235657.JPG

P9235658.JPG

P9235659.JPG

P9235661.JPG

P9235663.JPG

P9235670.JPG

P9235671.JPG

P9235673.JPG

P9235655.JPG

Edited by sachimore
New Price

• sachimore changed the title to *SOLD* 2002 CBR1100 XX SilverBird For Sale New Price $6,000