CBR1100XX.org Forum

Sriracha-garlic broccoli/cauliflower

SwampNut

There are a bunch of similar recipes out there for this, but all of them use a shitload of oil and/or mayo.  I substitute some tahini and water for the oil/mayo, and it works great.  

40g tahini

60g Sriracha

1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or coco aminos

1 tsp honey

1 tbsp lemon or lime juice

2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced

1 pound broccoli or cauliflower or both (around 450g if you work in metric like I do)

1 tsp white pepper

1/4 cup chopped cilantro, or use 1 tbsp of coriander if you don't have fresh cilantro

Preheat air frying to 480.  Whisk together the spices and wet ingredients.  Add water as needed to keep it liquid enough to coat the broccoli well.  Add/mix the broccoli.  Roast for 8 minutes and turn/flip to cook evenly, roast another 5 minutes.  Top with cilantro, serve with rice, noodles, whatever.

For a spicier option, if you have it, add Sichuan red chile flakes or powder.

TIP:  I measure sticky ingredients like tahini and peanut butter with a scale, to avoid a mess.  Conversions are easy.  Honey is messy, but then, everyone can guesstimate a teaspoon of honey, so I just drop in what looks right. 

Another tip:  If you have time, make the sauce an hour ahead of time and let it sit to combine flavors better.