CBR1100XX.org Forum

I'm shocked that anyone is still alive in Pennsylvania

SwampNut

During NeXXt, I did as the Romans did and ate generic American diner trash for most meals.  Ugh.  The salt.  The grease.  I think they simply don't have tops on their salt shakers.  It's funny, a couple of Yelp reviews for one place specifically mentioned the saltiness.  Nobody there seems to know how to cook or spice things, so they just add grease and salt.

From Wednesday to Sunday, I gained 12 pounds.  I said twelve.  That's a one and a two.  I'm sure that's mostly retained fluids/inflammation/whatever you want to call it.  Insane.  Today's lunch is wild rice with jalapeños and ginger with a bunch of grilled cauliflower and broccoli.  I'd like to shit normally again and not have a tight watch band.

2 hours ago, SwampNut said:

From Wednesday to Sunday, I gained 12 pounds.  I said twelve.  That's a one and a two.  I'm sure that's mostly retained fluids/inflammation/whatever you want to call it.  Insane.

I gained 5 pounds. :( 

The food wasn't "bad," but I was surprised at the focus on starchy items with few healthy alternatives.  The "Italian" place didn't have traditional Italian fare...which isn't always a bad thing, but I was looking at the menu and realizing that nothing short of a salad was a good fit food-wise.  The garlic pizza was interesting, but enough for 4 people.

I'm also off caffeine until I detox.  So much coffee and migraine meds over a few days. :( 

I accidentally drank the decaf and didn't realize it.  Does that mean I'm not addicted?

Salads...the feeble attempts to provide one healthy item on each menu was just nutritionless grass with a heaping of oil and salt in the guise of "dressing."  

Are both of you new to MidAmerica restaurants?  

BTW, that's primary reason I care so much crap on bike when I go on vacations.

I don't wanna eat junk so bring as much my own food as possible.

Edited by tomek

Well yeah, so the greater Towanda PA area is not exactly the culinary epicenter of PA. However that being said, now that I think about it Philly at one time was voted the fattest city in the US so perhaps PA as a whole does have pretty unhealthy cuisine. But if you do have a chance to travel outside of the coal mining, gas fracking regions of PA, there are a few good restaurants to be found.  

• Upvote 1

The high salt content will definitely result in water retention.

After my last physical my doctor recommended eliminating salt/sodium. My blood pressure was a bit elevated and she attributed all the salt in my diet as to a cause. 

After a few months of no salt diet my blood pressure was back to normal.

I found that after that abstinence once I ate something with salt it seemed overly salty. I very seldom use salt now.