CBR1100XX.org Forum

Honda EU2200i Bluetooth Generator(s)

If I were to (maybe) sell 2 of these (new in box) who might be interested?  I don't know what's involved in terms of cost to ship a 85 pound box... but I am curious if anyone would even be interested.  Looks as if they are $1100 new now... and relatively easy to get. 

Testing the waters. 

Edited by DBLXX

• DBLXX changed the title to Honda EU2200i Bluetooth Generator(s)
1 hour ago, DBLXX said:

Yes. Bought 2 a long time ago - sent a

letter about a year ago and they asked for a video of the issue. 

Did you get the troubled ones fixed, sell them, decide to deal with the hard start?

Being NIB they'll be easy to sell.  They're about 50lbs each with packaging and not very big, shouldn't be very expensive to ship.  I wish I needed them enough to justify the $, those are great gennies.

What size is your AC, if you plan to run that?  The starting of a marine or RV air conditioner is where these small generators get challenged.  Otherwise, yeah, fucking great.  I've owned three inverter generators, including one Honda 2000.  I'm happy to give real world feedback if anyone wants it.

I bought two of the Honda EU2000i generators years ago and a Parallel Operation cable to connect them together for running the RV AC when it was called for.  The two ran the single AC unit concurrently with the microwave with no problem.  Tying them together with that cable kept them synched up.

One of these will run a small/medium size A/C.  One plus a soft start like Ice posted will run most, maybe all sizes of A/C.  It may not leave much for running other things at the same time.  Two in parallel should let you do anything you want, unless you have dual large A/C units then you might be a bit limited.

Second generator has shown up.  Now to see if I can unload them for sale.  I am going to try and avoid shipping them... and take a few weeks to see if someone might do "local pick up" - I'll be offering them at a very good price...

More to come. 

Fedex is super cheap and easy for shipment of big heavy boxes.  I would bet you could do ground for $60.  Slap a label on the box and drop off.  UPS is second best, but DO NOT pay retail rate.  Buy online and label it.  Retail is like 50% more.