CBR1100XX.org Forum

Vitamin D2 or D3, take supplements?

02XXCA

On 9/12/2021 at 8:55 PM, 02XXCA said:

How many of you have ever been tested for vitamin D levels.   I have watched some Youtube videos that says there is definitely some benefit to taking D2 or D3 supplements to raise your levels.

Thanks for posting this.

From the responses and others sharing valuable info, this is something that I appear to be missing.

Zero shared that it was at Sams, and got an order shipping right now.

Granted I would love it to provide better sleep pronto, but if this gets me on track down the road, this will be glorious.     :D

On 10/7/2021 at 9:49 PM, SwampNut said:

Damn that is critically low.  I'm quite certain, with all my research, that a month on 20k IU would be good.  Double check me, but all the evidence I found says that bringing it up quickly that way is totally safe.

Well, since my shipment will arrive Wednesday, I plan on following your recommendation of 20K, so 4 pills a day.

Should that be 4 pills at a pop, or spread out into 2 sets etc...

And does time of day matter.   Normally I do any meds at breakfast.

Inquiring minds need to know   :P

Thanks again for that feedback, and looking forward to hopefully some interesting results.   :ph34r:

LOL   Well decided it would be a great idea to get a baseline of my D before all of this starts.

WOW, what a circus.

The world told me to go to EverlyWell as the place to go for tests like this, and the cost was $50, free shipping.

But, before I chose that route, figured I would check local Quest and LabCorp as they do offer walk-ins.

Those wackos wanted close to $100 in one lab, and a hair cheaper in another.   AND of course  NO SHIPPING involved   LOL

GGGRRRRR   :angry:

On 10/10/2021 at 10:46 AM, SwampNut said:

I can't find any evidence that time matters, and mostly, daily or not doesn't seem to matter.  It takes months to change levels significantly.

Can we just get a D3 infusion and call it done!

I feel like you're joking, but...  You can get an IV with a couple hundred thousand IU safely, and it's done in extreme cases.  There were some anti-viral trials doing that with people who were critically low, and seemed effective.  You'd be "done" for a couple months, but would need to get on supplements as it would drop again.

23 hours ago, SwampNut said:

I feel like you're joking, but...  You can get an IV with a couple hundred thousand IU safely, and it's done in extreme cases.  There were some anti-viral trials doing that with people who were critically low, and seemed effective.  You'd be "done" for a couple months, but would need to get on supplements as it would drop again.

Yes joking.  But at least you would know it's getting into the blood stream the most effectively.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 10:58 AM, SwampNut said:

Well shit, it was $35 last time.  "Because COVID?"

image.png

Well...    Ordered my test and just got it back from EverlyWell.   Cost was  $49...

Came back at 32.     As soon as I saw this earlier and right after I sent in the blood test, I started on 20,000 ui.

So we shall see how another test turns out a few months from now.

Thank for the heads up on the details on this.  Looking forward to some improvement down the road.

Edited by lordzarkon

• 2 months later...

Update?

I have one...I've said before that you should not use the tablet D, but only the gels.  Well, I ended up with a bottle of the tablet type.  Being a Jew, I couldn't just throw them out and I used them.  Then I had a routine blood test, and was really fucking low.  I risked my health for $10.  Dumbass.

I was just thinking about this, as I was transferring old shit from my calendar to the new one I keep on the kitchen wall.

YES...   old school  :D    but with brain fog, I started doing this to make sure I did not forget important stuff.

Looks like a good time to send in for another test and see where it is.

For improvements, hard to say.   I have had a bit better sleep pattern and getting more REM that before.

However, the lack of energy and alertness still remains.   

Got a few medical things to do that might put me on a better path to make things better as well.

Still doing the gels 20k IU per day.    Thanks for checking in   B)

Update I had been taking about 50 mcg per day for about a month and half and still only scored 26 on the test, so I have upped my dosage to 125mcg per day.

12 hours ago, 02XXCA said:

Update I had been taking about 50 mcg per day for about a month and half and still only scored 26 on the test, so I have upped my dosage to 125mcg per day.

Based on Carlos's suggestions, where he got the best results, you need to multiply that by 4  

Quote....

How many IUs is 125mcg?
Vitamin D3 125 mcg (5,000 IU)
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I will stay at 125mcg and test again in several months.  Would like to get to around 70 on the test.

Edited by 02XXCA