CBR1100XX.org Forum

King of SUVs for sale.

2002 Excursion Limited 2 WD 7.3.  Only has a half million miles!  Actually it's just under 442k so still like new.  It's on CL for $13k, might wheel & deal with a member.  If someone's interested I'll share details.

14 hours ago, XXitanium said:

2WD prolly wouldn't cut it for my needs. 

CL link?

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/hacienda-heights-2002-ford-excursion/7368663663.html

The unknown oil leak I think is from between the front cover and engine block, if so it's a cheap part and a lot of hours of work.  To do it by the book you have to pull the engine out and remove the oil pan, but many have done the 'in frame' repair on front cover jobs.  Still a fairly big job.  I lightly investigated it and truly didn't want to know for sure because it would bother me.

Back when I was running in an Explorer group there were a couple 2wd guys with good positractions and lockers that could run with the stock and mildly built 4x4s, but that's a different animal and it all depends on what you're doing.  I've driven it to camping/shooting spots, even with a small trailer, but nothing crazy.  And it has small highway tread tires that won't help much off-road.  If your challenge will be mud, ice, or sand 2wd might not work.  If the challenge will be twisty stuff on dirt/rocks then you might be fine with more aggressive tires and either skill/finesse or a locker or good limited slip.  It has the stock limited slip and it works well, but it might not be up to the task.

I'm also interested in what you think of my ad.  I'm pretty sure I give too much information.  While it seems retarded to me, it appears that people with shitty uninformative ads do better.  There's been a few instance of not giving a fuck where I posted what I thought was a retarded ad and got hits right away while my more detailed ads got nothing.

Edited by superhawk996

2 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

I'm also interested in what you think of my ad. 

For most but a die hard car guy, probably too much info.  Like the oil, you could say it was changed on schedule and make a list of things that were serviced.  I would like the info but you also might scare some away.  Maybe it is sometimes better to set the hook with less and then you can add the details later.  My daughter in law had one except it was a 4x4 .  Her husband (my son) did a lot of work on diesels so she had that and he had a dually.

6 hours ago, DBLXX said:

Would someone really pay $13,000 for a 2WD truck with a half a million miles and an oil leak?  Just asking. 

Yep. You should see how much Wranglers are currently bringing. Insanity.

12 hours ago, DBLXX said:

Would someone really pay $13,000 for a 2WD truck with a half a million miles and an oil leak?  Just asking. 

Time will tell.  It might be priced too high, hard to tell with these things.  A decent 4x4 with 250ish thousand will get over $20k.  There's a handful of people that don't want 4wd and will actually pay more for it, but with all the 7.3 trucks 4x4 seems to be where the demand is.  Having ridden in both, if you don't need 4x4 the difference in ride comfort definitely makes the RWD the better choice, but it's not as cool as riding high in a lifted toy.

A buddy's 2002 7.3 F-250 was recently stolen and recovered with a lot of damage, repair estimate over $12k, I figured they'd total it.  The insurance company is paying the repair, they valued the truck at around $25k.

7 hours ago, TOXXIC said:

Nice rig. I fucking hate the beaner tail lamps. Go back to OEM and shit can that garbage. fucking terrible. We clear?😲😂

They grew on me to some degree, but I agree.

I walked out the back door and remembered why I learned to ignore them.  Up close they kinda piss me off.  From the patio lounger they look ok, kinda cool.

21 minutes ago, IcePrick said:

I thought they were more "ricer" style, but I like both rice and beans.

Well, you know what you get when you cross a Mexican and an Asian.

9 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

From the patio lounger they look ok, kinda cool.

From my chair on your patio, they look fine.

1 hour ago, SwampNut said:

Well, you know what you get when you cross a Mexican and an Asian.

From my chair on your patio, they look fine.

😲 Looks like a bad, open mouth emoji trapped in a clear box. LOL 😲

01111_35BmXjD5z4Az_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Upvote 1

I had been thinking about listing it and the F-150 not being able to decide which to sell, figured I'd let the decision happen for me.  I just got a call from my buddy's secretary who's interested in the 150.  Hmmm.